How should I prepare the clamp?
- Clean out any old silage and, if necessary, pressure wash.
- Ensure effluent channels are not blocked
- Repair the walls and base, sealing any cracks properly – remember, heavy clamp machinery running close to silo walls exerts enormous pressure on the walls.
- Remove nails, old sealing materials and any other uneven obstructions from the walls.
- Cover any rough areas of the wall with bags to prevent damage to the main sheeting.
- If the silo walls are constructed of sleepers, porous concrete or earth they should be lined completely with polythene.